It’s already October 15, and Russian Reading Month begins in just over two weeks’ time! Completely unrelated, but in November I’ll also be reading Wolf Hall with Claire, if anyone wants to join.
We have a cosy group so far, for next month:
- Jackie from jackiemania - The Brothers Karamazov, Dostoevsky
- Claire from kiss a cloud - Dead Souls, Gogol; Doctor Zhivago, Pasternak
- ‘vernzap’ – Brothers Karamazov, possibly Master and Margarita or Anna Karenina
- Bellezza from Dolce Bellezza – Master and Margarita, Bulgakov
- Rachel from Resistance is Futile – Pale Fire, Vladimir Nabokov
- Alex from Alex in Leeds - A Russian Gentleman, Sergei Aksakov
- Myself – Dead Souls, Nikolai Gogol (biography by Nabokov), Master and Margarita
- Andrew Blackman, who will be following the event (not sure if he’ll be reading along)
Currently in the process of hunting down stories for Short Story Week, for those interested in participating, but wanting to stick to something light/short.
I may also try to squeeze in The Brothers Karamazov if I have time. Over stretching myself? Hardly. I finish my final semester of uni – well, until I begin postgrad studies anyway – this very week, so I’ll have hour after hour to devote to summer reading in November. Just have to get my final batch of essays and exams over and done with. Cannot wait.
Sign-ups are open until the end of this month, so just comment below if you’re interested!